* indicates required field
You must be a registered user on the AgingResearchBiobank website to access and use the data and biospecimen request systems. Click here to register.
For requesting Biospecimens or Data, there are two ways to start a request:
- Search for a study from our list of Currently Available Collections, and then use the Request button on the study page.
- Use the Requests Menu:
You will need to complete the required fields in the online request form and provide the following documentation before your request is reviewed by the Biobank Scientific Review Committee (BSRC):
- Protocol (See Glossary for more information)
- IRB Approval (or waiver)
- Proof of Funding (Biospecimen Requests Only)
The BSRC will review requests three times a year in the months of January, May, and September. The BSRC will only review a request that has submitted all of the required documentation, noted above. The documents submitted will be examined to ensure they comply with NIA requirements prior to the BSRC's review. If documents are missing your submitted request will not be reviewed by the BSRC until the documentation is complete or until the next BSRC meeting period. The online application as well as all required documentation must be submitted prior to the following dates to be included in the BSRC review period:
- BSRC Review Period 1 (2021) Deadline: January 15th, 2021
- BSRC Review Period 2 (2021) Deadline: May 14th, 2021
- BSRC Review Period 3 (2021) Deadline: September 17th, 2021
If your request is approved, the Outgoing Human Resources Transfer Agreement (OHRTA) or Outgoing Human Data Transfer Agreement (OHDTA) will need to be signed by the PI and the institution's signing official.
For additional information to make a request, please see our User's Guide (PDF - 1,680 KB)
Please contact the AgingResearchBiobank Communications team should you have any questions about the requests.